April Favourites



Avon SuperShock gel eye liner in black: Before I tried this gem, I only ever really used kohl pencil liners, but after trying this I definitely want to try more gel liners. It always really well with either a pointed or angled liner brush and looks a lot softer than a pencil. It stays put all day and doesn't smudge.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 22: To look at this colour, you would just say it's a light red, but when put against traditionally reds, you can see the coral and pink tones really come out. The shade is unlike any I have and it's replaced my bright red for the past few weeks. I can't rave enough about kate moss lipsticks, they are really moisturizing and last all day.  

Palmers Olive Butter Formula: I sometimes get really dry skin on my elbows (attractive, I know!) and over the past few weeks I've been applying this to them and they've really softened. 

Nip+Fab spot fix: I recently did a review on this set this product came in here, and the star of the set as definitely this. When a spot crops up, I simply apply a dot of this to it and within a few hours, the redness has reduced and the spot has decreased. A winner!

Essie in off the shoulder: This polish is from the fragrance direct website, so cost a handy £1.99 and it is the most amazing neon pink colour, which is perfect for summer. I really like Essie polishes, especially the shape of the brush; it fits my nail perfectly!

Nails Inc in St James*: As you all probably know, I'm a massive fan of red! This is just a standard red. Nails Inc is my favourite nail polish brand. It dries really quickly and lasts for about 4 days without chipping. I got this bottle free with I think Glamour magazine (?) a few months ago and it is still going strong.


I've been wearing this motel rocks penny babydoll dress to death in the past few weeks! You will see it cropping up in a collective motel haul soon. It's really easy to wear and I adore monochrome, so it's perfect for me. The skater/babydoll style is also a favourite of mine. I normally wear it with my leather jacket and then my studded ankle boots. 


The Decision by Penny Vincenzi:  This isn't the shortest book ever, but I'm a really quick reader and once I get into a book, I just get engulfed for days until I'm finished. I won't give the ending away, but it takes place in sixties London, Milan and New York and centers around a marriage that is as glamorous as it is difficult between the two protagonists, Eliza and Matt. The novel takes you through their relationship and lives until it ends in divorce; where truths are revealed, reputations shattered and lying at the heart of it all is the fate of their daughter. I really enjoyed it, and it's not too difficult of a read! 

Coca-Cola: I've been addicted to this stuff over the past month and it's really, really bad for you! I definitely need to cut down and just drink something healthier.  

That is basically everything I've been loving over the past month! I can't believe we're in May now; it literally feels like yesterday that it was Christmas.  

Ellen x

Oh, also you can still vote for me in the Company blog awards in Best Fashion Blog - Newcomer, just click here :) 

108 comments:

  1. That Essie polish is gorgeous, definitely next on my to get list! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I lovee coca-cola as well!! it sucks that it's soo bad for you!! :(

    Loved the favorites! :))

    pretandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL coca cola was a favorite of mine in april too.
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Essie Polish is sooo cute :)
    Love it

    I just posted my April Faves if you fancy checking them out

    Love Em, from www.dollhousebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll take a look now, love favourites! xx

      Delete
  5. I love fragrance direct! I bought so much stuff the other day, because the prices are too tempting!
    Bree :)
    Colour Shimmer Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. that essie shade is beautiful! Also, my mum has tread that book; she loved it :)

    please check out my blog, if you have the time,
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww love all these favourites, that Essie polish is gorgeous! also loving your blog and following on GFC and bloglovin :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meg, I love your blog and youtube :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Love the palmer's and essie nail polish is always awesome! Great post! you are inspiring me to do monthly favorites!

    http://kelformity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hope you do it so I can have a nosey lol! x

      Delete
  9. GReat selection, love the essie nail polish

    wanna follow each other on GFC/Facebook & Twitter ?

    Kisses
    Hannah
    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Palmers Olive Butter formula sounds really good and I've heard great things about it, might have to pick it up next time!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shade of this Essie polish, it's gorgeous!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super post, I love the dress....

    Lubica xxxx



    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Essie Polish!

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm addicted to coca cola too - some lovely favourites here chick .. Laura xxxx A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such excellent products, couldn't live with Palmers, I have only tried the cocoa butter range but its still amazing. I haven't tried the Avon liner before, this is something I really want. Love the pink Essie shade. Adore the striped dress, its a closet essential!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to give the cocoa butter range a go! I thought the dress was a little bit different :) xx

      Delete
  16. I'm addicted to coca cola as well! Love that Essie polish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I love Essie polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great favorites i love nail polish.

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe it's May already too. I feel like it's still the beginning of the year and now summer is just around the corner. I definitely need to try that Nip+Fab.
    xo
    Tiffy
    Looksima Post: Make Your Style Shine
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree Tiffy, the year is flying in! xo

      Delete
  20. Love that little monochrome dress! Summery but with a twist haha :) Xx
    olivia erica ryan ♡ fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice! On the coca cola front - I've started drinking mineral water with juice. A nice alternative and still has the fizzy texture :) Love the striped dress too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I need to take a leaf out of your book! :) x

      Delete
  22. Super post!

    --
    MAUD FERRON
    www.facebook.com/leblogdemaudferron

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Essie nailpolish!
    And the striped dress is amazing :-)

    XO The Daily Fashion Drug

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice striped dress!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post :) the nip + fab spot healer sounds good and something I need! :D

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need to try the spot fix!!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. The maybelline gel eyeliner is definitely a winner and I think I might check that book out! xx

    I would LOVE it if you would check my blog out and maybe even follow too? :D

    http://hashtaglifeyumsigh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/need-sleep-hashtag-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check the maybelline one out! xx

      Delete
  28. Love the essie polish.

    www.yogaandcocktails.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. The dress is really cute, I love the stripes! Motel always has amazing clothes. Love the nail polish :D

    ♡ E.
    http://machachu.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really want try that Nip+Fab stuff! :) cute post!
    Kelly xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. the nail varnish colours!
    awesome blog, i am now following you, i'd love if you checked out my blog and follow back if you like it xx

    http://heytheregood-looking.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou, course I'll check your blog out! xx

      Delete
  32. I really love those nail polish colors! Thanks for dropping by my blog~
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aww thank you Michelle! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is the second post i've seen that Essie polish mentioned on, I want it! And I love coke too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coke is so addictive haha and I love the shade! xx

      Delete
  35. 1.99 for Essie that´s a steal. I love their nail polishs. I should check out the book an I´m crazy for stripes. I need a dress like that too :)

    xx

    Btw if I eat too much Coca Cola is the best remedy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree! Oh I must keep that in mind :) xx

      Delete
  36. I love Essie polishes so much! This was a good read!

    Cheers, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wanna have it babe! Thanx for your lovely comment, shall we follow let me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  38. That Nip and Fab spot fix sounds like a saviour! I don't have major acne trouble but when I get spots, I get them BAD! This sounds like I winner, I'mma go buy :-)

    http://robynsnestx.blogspot.co.uk/

    Robyn x

    ReplyDelete
  39. love Rimmel lipsticks! they always last so long! great picks :) xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've heard really good things about Avon's liners-- definitely need to try them out!

    Jillicious Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the Essie nail polish!
    The color is so sweet <3

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. You can't go wrong with nails inc!

    Love your blog,

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. Eugh!!! I keep trying to kick my coca cola habit....but I just can't!!
    I love gel liners, I've never tried the avon one though!
    How did you manage to get the essie for only 1.99, that's amazing
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same :( It's from fragrance direct :) xx

      Delete
  44. The essie nail polish looks so lovely!

    http://wellhellothere26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your blog so much! Voted for you in the Company awards! xoxo


    It would make me so happy if you got to look at my April Favs :)

    http://theperksofbeingahipster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/april-favourites-little-bit-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great picks! Essie Off the Shoulder looks beautiful and I'm loving that striped dress! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. The book looks really good.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have no nails, but I love that Essie Color :P!
    http://kouturekitten.com - Drop By :D!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very nice dress! I love cola too.
    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  50. We use the palmers tummy butter on our son's eczema it's great stuff! Love Palmers :)

    www.anewadditionblog.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to check Palmers out some more x

      Delete
  51. I feel sometimes Fragrance Direct wants me to be poor with the amount of things I want to buy from there (like this Essie) lol x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your messages, it still amazes me people actually take the time to read my ramblings! They're always read and appreciated so thank you :) xxx

Powered by Blogger.